How much to get tyres swapped over?

arizona

Had a ring around this morning to get prices to take off the 15's and put the winter tyres on

All round about £40/£50 plus vat

So i thought i'd go with the £40 plus but then as an afterthought rang PTA Tyres who are just down the road from me, a bit of a bigger outfit than the ones i was trying so thought they'd be more.

£4 each madam

£4 to take the tyres off and fit the winter ones?

Yes madam, but if you could make it tomorrow rather than today as we're a bit busy at the moment, is that ok?

Not surprised they busy :laugh2:

(And yep, top guys, careful with alloys when i used them once before for new tyres)

BARGAIN :greenjumpers:

That is all its worth IMHO lol

I get my wheels swapped for nowt twice a year. Oh yeah that's coz I do it myself you lazy people :P

swapping tyres not wheels :P just whipped them off and she's on axle stands awaiting her new boots tomorrow B)

Had a ring around this morning to get prices to take off the 15's and put the winter tyres on

All round about £40/£50 plus vat

So i thought i'd go with the £40 plus but then as an afterthought rang PTA Tyres who are just down the road from me, a bit of a bigger outfit than the ones i was trying so thought they'd be more.

£4 each madam

£4 to take the tyres off and fit the winter ones?

Yes madam, but if you could make it tomorrow rather than today as we're a bit busy at the moment, is that ok?

Not surprised they busy :laugh2:

(And yep, top guys, careful with alloys when i used them once before for new tyres)

BARGAIN :greenjumpers:

Where is that Jan mine are ready to come off next week???

I called a local place in the summer.

Got quoted £40 to take take two sets of 4x4 wheels and tyre and swap the tyres between the wheels. Balance the fronts.

ie, eight wheels, eight tyres.

I did ask them again when they said 40 - you know it's two sets of 4x4 wheels and tyres, need the tyres swapped over?

They said yup.

Took them down, told them they could balance the lot at that price.

They siad balancing the fronts would push the bill up.

Had to make it £45.

Oh yeah, says I, go righht ahead.

Must have been a quiet day for them.

Hmmm not a good start, apparently the guy who answered the phone shouldn't have told me to come in today as they already had a lot on and couldn't fit in grrrr. So i've had to leave them there to do on Monday morning :angry: so the bootmobile is going to be on axle stands for a few days til i can get them back on

Of course by the time i found this out the other places are too busy to do it today as well

Hey ho, wonder if he also made a mistake on the price, that remains to be seen.........

Oh boy did he make a mistake on the price

Should have been nearer £60 including the balancing

Went in to collect them this afternoon and as we're having a chat, cos he just loves the car, he's doing the invoice on the computer. So i mentioned the £4 price the lad had given me and said where did he get that price from?

I was expecting it to be a bit more with balancing but he said no, as the lad had also told me to come in saturday when he shouldnt he'd only charge £16 and he'll get him in the morning, i got the impression that wasnt his only cock up recently

Result

Ouch i wouldnt wanna be him in the morning :o

That is all its worth IMHO lol

I get my wheels swapped for nowt twice a year. Oh yeah that's coz I do it myself you lazy people :P

How do you do it yourself? Do you have all the equipment at home? Need to get mine changed over in a few days to winter wheels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.