I hate Ice

Mr Rizla

3 days this week car has been frozen solid :( and today i had a panic when the door refused a couple of times to open..

What can i put on the rubber seal to reduce chance of it sticking? thought id put a wee bit of vaseline on the rubber and work into the rubber or is that a newbie mistake?

be safe out there..

This is what you want

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160589245114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1952wt_905

I have given my seal a few treatments over the past few weeks ready for the Winter, it's not been cold enough up here to get icy yet, but this stuff should do the trick and will also give your rubber seals a good conditioning too

Get some spray silicone lube from Halfords, but dont spray it on just spray on a cloth and wipe it onto the rubbers :thumbs:

Says she from the comfort of the sofa in front of the fire :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

ps dont use wd40, it'll eat your rubbers xx

Don't forget to pick up that beaded seat-cover you were saying you wanted... :laugh2::sofa:

Shhh i was getting him that for Christmas :laugh2:

hes just trying to tart up the car before sunday :laugh2:

His isnt going , but i'll bet its not as dirty as mine at the mo, and currently loaded up with all the wheels off the gen 5 plus the new tyres to go on tomorrow . Methinks i'm gonna be busy :o

I am sure that I have heard suggestions a number of times that Vaseline is harmful (long term) on rubber. On very thin rubber, I think it does damage quite fast!

You mean on very thin rubbers ;) , thats why i didn't suggest it, i'd heard that too

I thought you meant ICE then! :o

It annoys me too, the 7 is so vulnerable to the cold. I put copper grease on the rubber seals, hopefully that's ok.

I spray night before de-icer on my wind screen and other spots, reduces the ice. Also have a thin wind screen cover sheet - which folds into the front doors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.