[Solved] What do I do with locking wheel nuts?

Gimba

dsc00014zs.jpgdsc00015wg.jpgdsc00016rl.jpgdsc00017rml.jpgdsc00018pvp.jpgdsc00019ao.jpg

dsc00020au.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea how I use these, or what exactly I use them for. I have searched google with various questions on how to use, but could not find a thing, apart from some guy smashing his hammer on one of them.

Every wheel I have out of the 5 nuts, 1 is bigger than the other, In the picture above it is the one on thr right. which if you turn it with your hands, it just keeps turning and turning, won't come off.

Could someone tell me how I use these things, Im guessing if I need new tires then tire place is gonna need to use whatever it is I have in my hands. But if I ever need to change the wheel in an emergency, I wouldnt have a clue how to take the nuts off

Cheers

Edited by Gimba

As Harwood, said, the larger nut that just spins in your fingers is actually a cover, once you remove that (which can be fiddly) you will see the locking nut, it will have three holes in it that match your 'Key'. Put your key over the locking wheel nut and turn by hand until you feel the pins engage, put you wheel wrench on the Key and turn anti-clockwise as you would any other wheel nut to remove...

Piece of cake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.