Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rob256

!!! URGENT VIRUS WARNING !!!

Question

Guest rob256

Peeps,

Have just had a particularly unpleasant virus turn up and I know several others of you are infected too. :)

The virus spreads through e-mail - today i had several e-mails from club members and Japspeed too with logical subjects but no text, and i think it was one of these mails that infected mine.

Get checking folks!

29 answers to this question

Guest SexyCrayola

errrr no - not flippin checkin.... onto symantec support site first, running all my security ............. AGAIN

Viruses....:)

Yep also had the one from JAPSPEED. I emailed and pm'ed simon to tell him that he is infected. with the Virus hav'nt had a reply yet. Its now clasified as a level 4 what ever that means. My firewall / antivirus / code blocker has stopped over 20 infections in the last two days. :shock: EVERYONE make sure your antivirus is uptodate and scan ASAP.

Guys/Gals

Its quite likely that one member somewhere has got an infected PC but the problem is trying to diagnose who. You may well get many emails from various celica-club email addresses. I have had a few saying I was the origininator of some of the virused emails.

However, I can tell from the originating IP address of where I supposedly sent them that it wasn't me (completly the wrong country for a start) and hence the infected machine is using email addresses from probably the hosts outlook address book and putting this as the return address.

Case in point.

One of the emails that I supposedly sent and was returned by a firewall had exactly the same ip address as one sent to me from a completly different email address.

I got got about 7 dodgy emails today. I will be opening everything on the web-browser account before allowing Outlook to download

yeah had that one and aswell as the W32novarg virus both will last until the 12th of feb have both tools on pc to sort this out plus norton keeps hitting them back to original sender lol

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...ovarg.a@mm.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLAOD THE REMOVAL TOOL ASAP

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...moval.tool.html

READ THIS LINK FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING AND RUNNING REMOVAL TOOLS

--------------------------------------------

EDIT:- Make sure file and print sharing and remoteassistance is not selected by windows this is a loop hole for attacks

EDIT:- Direct download for the removal tool http://www.wmsoftware.com/free.htm

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...er/FxMydoom.exe

As I suspected just run them and I'm clean as a whistle.

Bloody well hope so too as Mr paranoid here is behind a router and each machine I have is Firewalled and Antivirused.

So those emails with my name on em aren't from me :evil:

Guest Loopy

Well you shouldn't get one from me, i havn't got an address book !

(well i've got one, i just don't know how to use it !!!!!)

Thanks to 7 OF 9,

I seem to be OK now, shit me up though ! After an awful lot of scanning i think it's gone.

Gonna get me some serious protection now.

Cheers 7, i owe you one................. :wink:

Guest SexyCrayola

:) I said go to symantec response centre FIRST! lol

Will dig the direct link for ya next time then eh

Yep KevTsport got one from the ip address you were looged on with and one from the ip address Rob256 was logged on with earlier

I hope ya both clean now :)

BTW best £0.00 I ever spent

http://smb.sygate.com/ for a free firewall

http://www.free-av.com/ for free antivirus software

These are highly rated and autoupdate themselves free as well.

Ok, Ive downloaded the symantec checker and it shows up ntohing, AVG has been blocking succesfully for the last couple of weeks and is right up to date, definitely not the Japspeed PC or my laptop. Im guessing its spoofing like a good un.

Mmm about 4 days ago I started getting the dodgy email viruses, and yes, free virus checkers are ace! Downloaded Norman (sensible name!) and my computer has been killing the nasty worm left right and centre. (over 20 nath? Blimey, I've had about that too!)

Not had any more from the celica club email so think everyone's clean also.

Received 2 dodgy e-mails today - supposedly from some high-up Celica-Club chappies.

I keep my Norton's up to date, so hopefully doing its job and I should be clean! :)

This is the address I had on one of mine!

jagjeet.hayer@celica-club.co.uk

And it had the Virus, of course I know that it was just unlucky that it used this address. It could have been anyone that it used. Does the server not virus scan?

Sign in to follow this