Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
Rude boy

Veilside or Kaminari bodykit for gen7 ?

Question

I am about to order either a veilside or Kaminari bodykit for my gen7 but theres one thing i need to know first.

Will the standard fog lights fitted on the front of the car fit into place with the Veilside kit or will i have to get differant ones, because i know from looking at the pictures the standard lights do fit on the Kaminari kit.

This could be a crucial decision as to which kit i order so any help would be appreciated.

Adam

17 answers to this question

As far as I understand, the standard fogs fit in the Veilside kit (I read about this many months ago on www.newcelica.org). Sorry, can't remember the thread it was on - you might need to search.

Stephen

Note: Whichever one you choose, you'll need the bodyshop to smooth over the indicator recesses, cos they're designed for the US market where the turn signals are in the bumpers.

They are both nice kits. The Veilside is probably about twice the price of the Kaminari but thats because they are notoriously expensive.

So what are you going to order Adam and where from?

Ps. Check whifbitz.

I'm going for the Veilside my self. My 190 doesn't arrive until October but it's an import so I don't have to worry about the repeaters. I do have to worry about the 2k Euro I'll need to purchase the kit. And that doesn't include shipping or tax. So it'll have to wait a few months. Unless someone here knows of a cheaper way to get the kit.

Guy C

If there was a cheaper way it would be on my car already :D

And you also need to think about labour to fit it. So in all its a great expense for some bodykit. Of course, theres no harm in just doing it in stages.

Ive made my mind up, Im going to have to go with the Kaminari kit for practical reasons. The main one being that with the veilside kit it makes the car a bit longer and also once its lowered it will bring the front too close to the ground and unfortunatly my driveway at home has such a steep drop onto the road that every time i go up and down the drive its going to smash the front bumper to bits. And theres no way that im going to park my car on the farm land opposite.

Anyway i also think the Kaminari kit would be better as it doesn't look to mad and therefore wouldn't draw too much attention to it being parked up anywhere.

Kaminari is cool, slightly lairier than Simons, slightly more conservative than mine.

IMHO the lairy scale of bodykits goes:

(least lairy)

Toyota's Dynamic/Sports

Carcept (not including rear)

MS Design

Kaminari

C-One

Postert

Rod Millen

R2

Wings West

TRD

Buddy Club

Blitz

Trial

Extremor

Veilside

Massive

Blade

(most lairy)

BTW this took me a good ten minutes, and I had to refer back to http://www.everythingcelica.com/gallery/index.html every once in a while for a quick recap :D

tsk... only looked twice to remind myself of the R2, Extremor, and Massive kits. The rest I know by heart :D

Bet you'd bite RudeBoys hand off for a Veilside kit fitted for £50, eh Jag :D

And that way you'd still be the first club member to own one...

THIS IS THE VOICE OF YOUR CONSCIENCE... GET OUT THE CREDIT CARD... PHONE WHIFBITZ... (or Japspeed. cough) ... ORDER THE KIT... ORDER THE KIT...

btw, still feeling ill looking at the "Ing-Ing" kit. Check out that extension to the top of the door!

"Ing-Ing" = (spew)Ing-(everyth)Ing

Originally posted by Stephen G

Bet you'd bite RudeBoys hand off for a Veilside kit fitted for £50, eh Jag :D

Bite is too calm a description :evil:

Credit card is already loaded unfortunately ;( As I said before, it will probably be next year before something this big will be done.

Good luck to whoever is the first to get it (please let it be after me though :D ).

Guest the rock

stephen - i love the ww kit u have, what did u pay for and where did u get it? how much was instalation and painting and whats the fit like?

Oooh, questions I'm good at!!!

1. Got the kit from Motorsport International (www.msionline.co.uk). Though some people have ordered them directly from the States. Cost: Just under a grand (including the 3-piece rear spoiler)

2. Kit was prepared, fitted, and painted by Bodycare of Shoreham. Good-ish company, VERY competitive price (£650 - dead good), and a fairly good paint job. The paintwork was faultless when I got it but a certain amount of 'play' in the polyurethane means you can see hairline fracture marks around the front lip... but I have hit the odd thing in it so that's more likely to be at fault. I'm being anal btw because you really do need your eye up against it to see it. Sideskirts and rear apron still faultless [paintwork].

3. The fit is very good - not quite TRD quality but certainly 2nd best. WW stuff is not your average knock off Erebuni fodder. It WILL need shaving and fiddling with before fitting though, and don't pay any attention when WW say it 'just glues on' - this thing requires some screwing. Get a bodyshop to do it for sure.

ok?

Guest the rock

cheers stephen, the only problem is i'm in scotland and i'm a bit weiry of the body shops here, and the prices they charge 8o

Sign in to follow this