HID's

they're ok for factory fitted and their still ok for now, Come 2012, they pass a new guidelines regarding HID and etc. etc etc... I'm no expert and will just wait what their going to do with it... Wait for some expert, I'm sure someone will answer You with all the article about it and the rules or what ever...

Edited by Boynxdoor

ahhh i see i just asked my dad about it (MOT inspector) and he said he hasnt herd of this rule, so i dunno i want them cause it makes the car look better and light is better but i dunno now lol

You'll be forever jealous seeing a Car with HID and you don't :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL!

You mean having a laugh at the boy-racer types who fit HIDs undeer the impression they are "cool"? They're not, fitted to a car without self-levelling they're downright dangerous to oncoming traffic, and it's great that they are going to be banned.

If you can't see to drive at night or in twilight using the standard lights on the Celica you shouldn't be on the road at all, or you need to replace or at least clean the reflectors behind the head/dip bulbs.

told You, someone will come and give You an expert adviced... ;) ;) ;):) :) :)

The thing is though, HID's fitted incorrectly are down right dangerous, and the amount of cars round my way with them incorrectly fitted is starting to get stupid now, so much so that i don't like driving at night

For clarification, you NEED self levelling headlights and headlight washers to fit HID's, and no Celica has self levelling lights (well apart from some in the US that had HID's as an option)

There is still some debate as to whether they will become part of the MOT or not, but if you end up having an accident in your car and the other driver spots that you have HID's fitted illegally to your car, you will be in a world of trouble

Fitting Plus100 bulbs across the front of the Celica is all you need. I live in the country do a hell of a lot of night driving and my lights are bloody brilliant. Most of my passengers pass a remark on them. I'm also against badly fitted HIDs. Must admit though that factory fitted ones do look nice.

Been blinded by HID's on cars coming the other way.

My thoughts?

Why would you want to increase the risk of someone not seeing where they are going, coming the other way, towards your pride and joy?

Just because you want to have lights that are a bit bluey-whitey.

I spoke to my mot guy last week, he said the hid on mot's was on the back burner, no plans to introduce YET.

Also on the back burner is management chips.

No plans to introduce mot fail for chipped cars.

However, no engine management light when there should be one WILL be a fail. That should be in the mot by 2012.

I often get blinded with cars with reflector headlights that have HID's fitted.

I more often than not get blinded by land rovers as there headlights are so high the beams go straight into your bloody eyes. Merc's are bad for that aswell, they just seem really badly aligned.

I have NEVER been blinded by a person who has retro fitted HID's to a projector lens headlight. Its impossible. The lens focus's the light onto the point its needed. Assuming the headlight is alligned properly which, assuming you dont mess about with the alignment screws, it will be.

When i fitted mine i drove straight to the garrage, paid to have my lights tested and 5 seconds later i was told theyre perfect. Anyone who's reponsable would do this.

In cant see them ever implimenting this unless they overhaul the MOT rules. How can they prove you havnt also somehow retro fitted auto levelers. The celica headlights are totally covered at the rear by the plastic cowlings in the engine bay. And what can testers not do? Dismantle any part of the car. "Do you have auto headlight adjusters?", "yes", "ok then". unless they change this, which they wont, they cant enforce this as a law.

To be Honest I'm bored already about this HID and blah blah blah... Lets Just wait til it's being implemented... For now, we can't do anything about it... Just make sure Your Ins. is aware so you don't get in serious trouble in case of a claim due to opposite car being blinded by your HID and had an accident by looking at your bluish headlight instead of looking at the bloody road where He/She is going. :P :P :P

To be Honest I'm bored already about this HID and blah blah blah... Lets Just wait til it's being implemented... For now, we can't do anything about it... Just make sure Your Ins. is aware so you don't get in serious trouble in case of a claim due to opposite car being blinded by your HID and had an accident by looking at your bluish headlight instead of looking at the bloody road where He/She is going. :P :P :P

Let me guess. You have absolutely no knowledge of how the human eye works?

Thought so.

For the mentally sub-normal, which you seem to be, instantaneous temporary blindness is not only caused by staring directly at a high-power light source, it can also be due to internal blind spots caused by light from a high-intensity source entering the optical lens at such an angle that it is focussed off-centre but still within the visual field of the observer.

Your ignorance of basic optics is astounding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.