How bad is this?

i'm such a man-beast with super strength (or just an idiot) that i over tightened my wheel nuts and this happened:

dscn1719pb.jpg

snapped the bolt clean off :(

so three questions, what do I need to fix it? How easy a fix is it? and can I still drive the car like it in the mean time?

It doesnt unscrew. Has it snapped clean off? If so then you'll need to take the wheel off and hammer/press the bolt out from the other side. There should be a small gap which allows you to line up the bolt so it can come out. If there isn't then you'll need to remove the caliper and maybe dismantle the hub to reveal the bolt.

Ive not had 2 bolts (one on each) on my rear wheels for months :lol:

Theyre still holding on for me :)

its only cornering that theres what can be considered a safety issue , fwd and a missing nut on the back means its hardly worth worrying about , the lip on the disk sorts out potential breaking so although its not recommended its not the end of the world to be missing a nut , you would be suprised the amount missing come mot time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.