17" or 18" wheels

Yeah, I know I know, it's all been discussed before.

The thing is, driving home on Saturday night late I hit a large brick some tosser had chucked in the road, which broke one of my Lenso Reizen wheels and ruined a tyre... I need my car and I need to replace the wheels before the weekend as my Celica is my only transport (other than my bike and that's in for rebuilding).

So I've found a rather tasty set of Dotz GTR 18" wheels with tyres for a bargain price of £625 here http://www.madmotors.co.uk/special-dotz-gtr-silver-18-alloy-wheels-and-tyres.html

gtr_2_1.jpg

In previous discussions the comment has been 18" looks good but handles like shit, but talking to Julian (Spree of Spree LED fame) he has 18" wheels on his GT4 and reckons they're fine, so I'm seriously considering getting some of thes 18" jobbies.

Any/all opinions welcome!

Also, what size tyres are going to be best? The seller offers 215/35/18 tyres with additional upgrades to 225/40/18 tyres for £15 and to 235/40/18 tyres for £25.

As I said, comments welcomed!

Damn! They don't do them with the right offset, just 32 which would probably stick-out too far.

How about Gunmetal with a silver car? Any comments welcome:

STVIGUN.jpg

I've got mine on 225/40 R18 and they handle really well. They used to belong to Mani and he had problems with tracking with his lowered suspension. Had to use camber bolts to cope with it. I haven't had mine lowered and they've been fine.

celica19045-1.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.