someone with a genuine TRD T spoiler

hey guys,

can someone with a genuine trd gt spoiler please have a look at something for me?

i bought a copy recently and sent it back because of a weird size difference. Where the central blade sits on either leg, it attaches and sits on the leg on part of the leg that is the same width and shape as the blade end. Can someone please check on their genuine spoiler if these bits on either side of the legs match the size and shape of the ends of the blade for me on both sides?

On end where the blade and leg came together on the copy was spot on shape and width where as the other end, the pad the blade sat on was a lot wider than the blade. just want to see if this is an original maufacturing fault or not?

Eh!

I am not sure what you mean. But from what i read it is about the fixing point from the Blade to the legs. So on either sides of the blade.

Can you point on where you mean and i'll get on it, or take another picture for you if need be

P1030572.jpg

From what I can see on my spoiler, The leg's blade fitting "base" is slightly larger than the blade's profile... If you want more pictures Just shoot a reply.

Edited by samuaw

gimme 5 minutes, i'll upload someone more pictures for you :)

Edit

Okies.. From what I can see, yes the base is larger the whole way round the whole blade profile.

Was the Replica Spoiler like this? and you sent it back because you thought it wasn't quite right? Also a link for us to look at might be useful, as some of us have bought GT replica spoilers in the past.

P1030602.jpg

P1030603.jpg

P1030605.jpg

P1030606.jpg

Edited by samuaw

wow, thanks for the pics guys. well it was an ebay spoiler and one of the bits looked the same as above but the other one matched the blade ends size perfectly so it was definatly a fault with the copy one way or the other. ill do some digging on the new one im looking at, the seller is a good guy and hes always helpful. oMIKEYo is your blade and end caps genuine carbon or are they wrapped?

Wrapped :P:sofa:

You cant get the genuine trd in carbon as far as i know..? Lol dont hold me on that one though :lol:

So your spoiler went something like

||--==|| - if you understand that lol, - being one side and = being another?? :unsure:

Edited by oMIKEYo

something like that lol

theres no way i can afford genuine, even though ctp has dropped their price to £999!!!

RTP were getting trd spoilers in, with he carbon centre blade, which i was very up for but Ray sent me the prices but has since said

"These are delayed at the moment because we've got other priority products in the making.

Ray "

so who knows when they will be available.

Reworx is knocking them up aswell but without carbon centres

Edited by mattgen7

Lol the bargains are out there, i got mine, painted red (my car colour) off a crashed g7 - was really lucky paid £150 for it, ended up plus delivery and vat at £198 ;) - bearing in mind i wasnt looking for it, didnt have the money to spare, just found it and couldnt let it go a miss haha, left myself skint for a few weeks but worth it :)

Got my side skirts (genuine) from the same car too

And because they were red, i was over the moon haha.

Just look about, or get a copy from someone with feedback, post the eBay (or whatever) advert on here, no doubt someone will have got it before and be able to give you some feedback about it :)

Obviously if you havent already bought another one or getting a replacement :lol:

Hope i help!

Mikey

If you are seriously after a Carbon blade, You can either

a ) Wait for RTP's Carbon spoiler, or hybrid FG and CF

b ) Wrap it like what Mikey did.

c ) or Finally, Something called Carbon Skinning. This is not commonly done anymore as CF Vinyl wrap is easier to do. But you do get that Shiney Lacquered Carbon look. So in basics, You get a sheet of real carbon, stick ontop of the FG blade, and lacquer it. Not really sure what the exact process is, But that's it, Plus probably lot more complications in the matter.

A real Deal spoiler is indeed pricey, But thats TRD goodies for you...

Edited by samuaw

skinning is done by getting the existing part,

a thin flat layer of black epoxy

wait till tacky

lay carbon over pull under the the part and stick with masking tape

then a layer of clear epoxy

wait till tacky and do it 2 more times leave for 2days then flat

lacquar with 2k uv lacquar flat and polish

Sounds like a lot of hassle. Didn't really get any info from rtp other than its on hold so that could be months for all I know. May have to go down the wrapping route but its finding a replica I'm going to be happy with thats the tough bit. I don't have the money to take risks and keep returning stuff and even some of the replica are still pretty expensive.

Ah i see, how much are dave's replicas? (REWORX) as he can paint etc too, so might work out alright getting it from him?

Also, if your going for the carbon wrap, rich charges £85 (i think it is) for the blade and end caps, so if your wanting that, then maybe just get the sides painted? that would save you the money for the wrap, as noones ever gunna see under the wrap anyway... lol

understand?

I also remember someone who was splitting a gt on fleabay, they were charging £500 for the skirts and spoiler, so - 200 for the skirts (roughly) = £300 spoiler :)

Its finding it thats the problem haha

Edited by oMIKEYo

understand? lol

yeah i think i get it lol

Dave wants £330 for it painted but the problem is, if it arrives and im not happy with it, its already painted so im stuck with it. I can do the wrapping myself no problem with the 3M di-noc carbon so thats not an issue.

The understand was coz i didnt read over it haha so i didnt know if it made sense :P

How much for just the sides painted? As the blade doesnt really matter, in a way youd be wasting money :P Caps too!

If you can wrap, your on to a winner, should be well in your budget :)

I believe Dave's products are a fantastic quality, get some pics of previous ones from him? :)

Im gunna be getting things from him too once funding comes in :lol:

Not to forget, Whatever you Wrap needs to be primed before wrapping. Purely as it sticks better. Don't Want to take hours wrapping something only to find it comes off a week later. So if you do it yourself, Do the proper steps of paint prepping. more like Vinyl Prepping.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.