BG 44K

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run 2 tins worth through on 2 tanks of fuel on my high mileage (96K) 55 plate Mercedes C180K, sadly no difference to performance, sound, perceptible power or indicated mpg.

Have to call it as Snake Oil I'm afraid, excellent customer service, but at 18 smackers a tin I would hope so!

Maybe it only works on Japanese engines :shrug:

• 5 weeks later...

ok just run a tank of petrol with this stuff.. read through the forum and was a bit dubious.. But my opinion this stuff works so well... throttle response is quicker and smoother and car just runs so much better.. car has been neglected the last 6 months but now pulls like a train.. not sure of mpg as always drive it like you stole it.. worth taking a punt on.

Interesting that this product seems so successful! I remember watching an article about fuel additives on fifth gear a few years back and the experiments they conducted generally showed no difference or in some cases, a decrease in power and MPG.

Willing to give this one a try though for the sake of £20! Not sure how much of an increase i'd get since my 2005 Gen 7 has only done 35k so *should* hopefully still be in a pretty decent clean state!

Seems to me that if your engine is clean enough already this stuff - like Redex - makes little difference. But if it's gone a few years without a decent clean out then it'll show an improvement.

I found a bottle of acetone the other day and chucked some of that in when I filled up - had a similar effect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.