BG 44K

Right then, time for my mid test results

As i don't fill my tank up to the brim, i split the can of 44K and put half the can into about 30 litres of fuel, and up until now i have been getting around 140-145 miles to 30 litres

So about 21.5 MPG

Now after running half of the 44K through the first 30 litres i got 160 miles

So about 24 MPG

So an improvement of about 10% on the first half tank, if i get anywhere near that on the second tank then i will be well impressed biggrin.gif

Just done my second half tank and got 175 miles, so still going up biggrin.gif

So now have an MPG of around 28, this still is going to pay for itself in no time at this rate smile.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally use Sainsburys 95 RON, it's what my UK Gen 6 was set up for. Huge improvement with the 44K, I've tried the 98 RON stuff from a number of different places, doesn't seem to make any improvement over the 95 RON stuff.

AFAIK Sainsburys is BP anyway, or so I'm told.

Just done my second half tank and got 175 miles, so still going up biggrin.gif

So now have an MPG of around 28, this still is going to pay for itself in no time at this rate smile.gif

Third £40 tank down, and up to 195 miles, admittedly that was with some motorway miles, but the light still hasn't come on fully yet, though it did flick on at 190 but not come on since

So i'm now looking at 30 MPG, so about a 30% increase, happy days biggrin.gif

is it better to stick in 44k on an empty tank or does it really matter? Just under half way and getting impatient :)

I just used half the can in half a tank, then the other half in the next half tank, and i have shown quite substantial improvements in MPG, so no, i really don't think it matters

I think i read somewhere that one can does 70 litres of fuel, so i put in £40 worth (near enough 30 litres) of fuel and half the can

Automotive Snake Oil always rears it's ugly head when prices go up.

Well my figures (and many others members on here), back this up as a genuine working product

Believe me or not, but 100% it has made an improvement to my MPG of about 30%

Automotive Snake Oil always rears it's ugly head when prices go up.

They mock but will not try........... ;)

Look on most forums and it's there....... :)

BG products, particularly BG 44K fuel system cleaner and BG MOA motor oil additive, are well-known and well-regarded products in the BMW and other automotive communities. Many BMW dealers and independent shops will add a can of BG 44K during a service. IME though, it's better to add 44K BEFORE a service, run through a tankful of gas, then change the oil & filter afterward to remove the gunk that the 44K cleaned out. I'll probably add a can of 44K to my fuel tank prior to each 12K mile service, and I may use the BG MOA as well. BG makes proven good products, I recommend you don't worry about it.

http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-care-detailing/35233-oil-change-maintenance-package.html

Just added my can today

628bb7a3.jpg

Tank topped up & reset counter to 0....I know it says 5.7, but original pic was a bit blurred (as if it really matters :lol: )

01dc8237.jpg

Let's see what we get out of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.