Yorkshire Rolling Road Day

rpsmith79

Firstly, a big thanks to Serratia for arranging the rolling road day at John Sleath in Doncaster, it was my first ever experience of a rolling road, but John certainly seemed to know his stuff, no BS, he told it how it was and his bread and butter work is building race/drag cars (he is currently running a 2000 bhp Audi Coupe ohmy.gif)

Anyway, on to the vids (i didn't make a note of the figures so i'll let the guys add their own figures)

First Was Paulgtt

Then Antmax in his Audi A3 on (sorry no vid)

Then me tongue.gif

Then Antmax's mate Jord in a Fiesta ST

It looks like i can only embed 2 videos at a time sad.gif

And finally Serratia in his 190

These were our expected/standard figures

1. Serratia Gen 7 T-sport 190bhp (apparently )

2. Paulgtt Gen 6 GT Four 311bhp last time. although I need to have the timing checked coz its idling like a dog atm!!

3. rpsmith Gen 5 182 GT 156bhp

4. Antmax 2.0 T-fsi 197bhp has bluefin map which claims to increase power to 238bhp we shall see!

5. jord fiesta ST 150bhp stock has stainless system and induction kit

Mine made 111 bhp at the wheels and 136 bhp at the fly, not too bad considering it's 18 years old and done 160,000 miles and is probably due a service once the weather gets better tongue.gif

I'll try and get my graphs scanned in later, buy John said my engine seemed very healthy with the most consistent results over the 3 runs, so i'm well chuffed with that

Yeah, it's not the easiest place to find, i bumped into Antmax along the way, and we ended up having to ask a postman where this place was, but there was all sorts of American Muscle cars littering his workshop

P2198840.jpg

I've no idea what this was, but just check out the tyres blink.gif

P2198846.jpg

P2198852_0_1.jpg

4. Antmax 2.0 T-fsi 197bhp has bluefin map which claims to increase power to 238bhp we shall see!

:lol:

mine only made 202.5 HP at the fly and 154.5 HP

al be honest am pretty disappointed with the result ;)

john said that my cars air fuel ratio is miles out at higher revs and that's why it only made what it did.

oh well so much for the 40bhp superchips claim!

but as has been said john is a sound bloke really is.

oh and just for you gen 7 guys he likes lift!!

Ant, what was Jords, was his about 145 bhp at the fly, but the guy who he bought it off said it should have been about 160 odd apparently

Right, found my scanner, so here's my dyno plots

Fly BHP & Torque

Fly%20BHP%20%26%20Torque.jpg

Wheel BHP & Air Fuel Ratio

Wheel%20BHP%20%26%20AFR.jpg

And a few pics of our cars on the rollers

P2198839.jpg

P2198841.jpg

P2198843.jpg

P2198845.jpg

P2198853.jpg

What a great day, thanks to all for making it there in the bad weather. I was in two minds whether to call it off as it was heavy snow in Huddersfield when I got up at 7am to wash the car :-) Didnt wash the car, just had a longer sleep, but the snow kept coming.I passed a snow plough in action as I joined the M1, the fast lane was unusable in parts. I think I made it there about 10.10am so only 10 mins late but I was still the last to arrive!

Anyways thanks for the great write up Rich and the vid of my car seeing as though I couldnt work my new phone and the movies I took had no sound.

I was really chuffed with my result, especially seeing as though it hasnt had an oil change for 6 months and I think the air filter must be 18months old lol I did three runs and came out with an average of 175bhp at the fly which I am dead pleased with considering the car is almost 8 years old with 84000 miles on the clock. Will scan my graphs in on Monday and get them up!

As Rich said above, John the dyno guy had never experienced lift and described it as "very aggressive" and it certainly put a smile on his face, and mine as you could see the car surge forward on the rollers when it kicked in. Wicked! :lol:

What a great day, thanks to all for making it there in the bad weather. I was in two minds whether to call it off as it was heavy snow in Huddersfield when I got up at 7am to wash the car :-) Didnt wash the car, just had a longer sleep, but the snow kept coming.I passed a snow plough in action as I joined the M1, the fast lane was unusable in parts. I think I made it there about 10.10am so only 10 mins late but I was still the last to arrive!

Anyways thanks for the great write up Rich and the vid of my car seeing as though I couldnt work my new phone and the movies I took had no sound.

I was really chuffed with my result, especially seeing as though it hasnt had an oil change for 6 months and I think the air filter must be 18months old lol I did three runs and came out with an average of 175bhp at the fly which I am dead pleased with considering the car is almost 8 years old with 84000 miles on the clock. Will scan my graphs in on Monday and get them up!

As Rich said above, John the dyno guy had never experienced lift and described it as "very aggressive" and it certainly put a smile on his face, and mine as you could see the car surge forward on the rollers when it kicked in. Wicked! :lol:

Nice one pal, good result! Car looks Schweet aswell, really peeved I couldn't bloody make it.

Does Jord's Fiesta have a WR ST180 label on the bonnet? Is it tuned?

Ant 175 is smack dab where most 190s seem to be. Not seen one get over 180bhp @ the fly yet so I think that result is pretty decent buddy. Well done one and all.

No, he has just put some ST180 decals on it, we were joking that he needs to change them now to ST145.6 :lol:

only thing old jord has done to his car is service it!

everything is as it was when he bought it 18 months ago as has been said he has a previous dyno reading stating 168bhp at fly. so he was a bit gutted with the result.

Well, as we all know, flywheel figures unless done on an engine dyno are guesstimated from the actual figures at the wheels. This can be affected by lots of things, ambinet temps, tyre pressures, the SAE figures and the calculation used. It's not an exact science by any means :lol:

Finally got my power curves scanned in at work. Apologies from the crap picture but I dont think the scanner is the best in the world and I got a couple of raindrops on the sheet ;) Despite that I'm well proud of the little yellow'un!

bhpfigure1.jpg

175bhp average, that unserviced and run on 95 RON fuel. ;)

I love that dyno plot Serratia, the guy didn't know what was going on the first time he hit lift, i think his comment was "that's a bit aggressive isn't it" laugh.gif

I can see why you all get so excited about lift though, it did sound pretty awesome, even with a standard exhaust

I think you'll find that the man with a GT4 always has a good day at the Dyno... ;)

Looks like a good day for all, how about a south west one so I can cry at my car? ;)

was a good day, mine was 292bhp @ fly, 224 at the wheels, although the torque curve was all over the place for some reason!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.