Wiki needs editing

Gen6GT

Not sure if this is the right place, if not can the mods move it to the correct place. I've tried editingt but it appears to be locked for editing.

Basically I've been reading through the Gen 6 facts and figures for my car, which is a UK Gen 6 Cabriolet. The Wiki is wrong for my car, it says:

"For 1995 a soft top version was added to the range. Based on the GT it used the rear panels from the Curren (JDM Celica with a boot). It was a little heavier than the GT and the performance suffered as a result. Fitted with an electric hood, it had the same equipment as the GT but with leather seats as standard, only one airbag and no air conditioning. "

Mine is definitely a UK car, and it has two airbags and air conditioning. First registered in March 1999 and I've been in touch with the previous owner who confirms that she has not had any mods done and that the airbags and air conditioning were included when she bought it new from Toyota UK

Not a big mistake, but quite important, I think.

To quote from Brian Long's Celica book:-

"On January 8th 1996, the Convertible line gained the revised front end of it's tin-top stablemates...............

At the same time, dual airbags were adopted on certain grades."

Not gospel as inaccuracies do occur in printed material but it should give an idea of the 'change'.

The Wiki is Correct, the Vert was launched with the Single Air Bag etc.

When it comes to tthe 2 Air Bag model we need to know WHEN it changed over.

As ORC says, it's only saying that about the vert when it was launched...so it's correct :lol: I think all facelift UK cars had twin airbags...

One bit that maybe needs looking at though is where is says the GT comes with a sunroof as standard and that air con was an option...according to that GT's like mine with no sunroof but with air con shouldn't exist :thumbs:

Alistair_GT mines the same as its a 1999, I really couldn't understand why they had air con

and a sunroof.

I thought all the changes took place with the face lift model in 1996 and I've found out that some parts of the wiring loom were altered as well as they don't match the Celica chassis manual but I can't find a

supplement for the changes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS. :thumbs:

PS, I have a genuine Toyota wiring supplement specifically for the convertible, if anyones interested

just e-mail me.

I wrote the Wiki page, and it is correct. The cab was launched before the facelift, and all the pre-facelift models only had a driver's airbag. Later in 95 the facelifted cars, including the cab, gained the passenger airbag.

I'll put a section in for the facelifted cab.

Thanks for all the replies. Don't forget the aircon in the facelift! Having had a pre-facelift Gen 6 GT followed by a 1999 Vert there are quite a few differences - I still flash the lights when I want to operate the wipers, Toyota obviously swapped the steering column switches over when they brought in the facelift.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.