Welcome to Celica Club UK

Welcome to Celica Club UK, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Use the wealth of knowledge our members have to help with any questions you may have.

Sign in to follow this  
mckezik

.....another TYRE Q thread

Question

Hi Guys!! :P

Im going to be buying some new alloys in the next couple of weeks but i got abit of problem choosing which TYRE SIZE i should go for....

so many options im abit confused,

can anyone recommend the best\ideal tyre size i should go for

Alloys are 18" ET 35 8J

apart from the width and thickness i dont know the differences....

should i go for....

215\35 - rubber bands

215\40

225\35

225\40

225\45

oh and i am going to choose TOYO T1Rs unless you can suggest a better tyre model

thanks in advance :(

SJ

Edited by mckezik

53 answers to this question

what are they 8j? if so then 225/35's would be my choice

Yep 8J

ok...any reason why that size dan?

will sit on the tyre nicely and with a 40 profile it will make the tyres look massive, you can irrc fit 245s onto a 8j wheel but it will look terrible, 235s will sit a little more than flush, but 225s should give you a slight stretched look

will sit on the tyre nicely and with a 40 profile it will make the tyres look massive, you can irrc fit 245s onto a 8j wheel but it will look terrible, 235s will sit a little more than flush, but 225s should give you a slight stretched look

Thanks for explaining that :(

right i just checked and they dont do toyo t1r in 225\35....i have to got for 225\40 :P

Edited by mckezik

Yup 225/35's on an 8J.....exactly as Dan says, less is more with tyres. You want a little stretch but not too much, then they'll look spot on. Don't be tempted to put doughnuts on because they'll be a little comfier, they look rubbish. Just stay the hell away from kerbs :P

Choose another tyre, there's plenty to go at...225/40's will look naff...

stick 165s on mate and go ubba stretch :P

damn its either i go huge tyres 225\40 or rubber bands 215\35

Falkon FK2s are pretty good, i had them on my last s13, stuck to the road like shit on a spade

Yeah I've had FK452's on my celi for a few years now, they are great, easily a match for T1R's but they don't wear out in 10 minutes...

gotta be pilot sport 3's fella best all rounder but are more costly

thanks will look into them :P

Yeah I've had FK452's on my celi for a few years now, they are great, easily a match for T1R's but they don't wear out in 10 minutes...

im using them at the moment... :(

right i found out through CAMSKILL that i can get 225\35 TOYO T1Rs but it says load index 87 Y is that ok?

yeah should be fine for your little celica Y is speed rating over 186mph if i remember correctly

and 87 is load index as you say my heavy A3 with quattro takes 91's so i would thing 87 will be fine

yeah should be fine for your little celica Y is speed rating over 186mph if i remember correctly

and 87 is load index as you say my heavy A3 with quattro takes 91's so i would thing 87 will be fine

thanks for the quick response :P

Toyo T1R on track is sh!t..not enough grip when heated up

ill go for prada spec 2 all round

Ive run 225/40's for about 6 years on my 7, Spot on mate, nice on the track and nice on the roads ;)

as for tyre's spec 2 parada's are good and ive raced on them BUT not that good in the wet, i think mick would say the same aswell on to Yoko's

thanks will look into them ;)

im using them at the moment... :D

right i found out through CAMSKILL that i can get 225\35 TOYO T1Rs but it says load index 87 Y is that ok?

how much are they charging including fitting

how much are they charging including fitting

the only probs you will have from them is you will find that you will get flat spots on your inner edge really easy if you hit pot holes and speed ramps at speed :D

wouldn't go with 215's on a 8j unless you want your rims to be fubar within a couple of weeks, 215 are good for 7j even on 7.5j they are a tiny weeny bit stretched so on an 8j you'll damage the rim to sheeeeeit on pot holes and the likes, 225/35R18 would be the ideal size

<----------Hankook convert

Hankook K110 V12 EVO Ventus 215/35R18 84Y £98.20 inc.VAT on camskill

also the load index on camskill for T1-R's is 84W on camskill not 87Y all the 18's are either 84 Y or W on there

thanks will look into them ;)

im using them at the moment... :D

wot do you want from the tyre, 225/35-18 t1r about £197 fully fitted, 225/40-18 t1r about £155 fully fitted if all four required should be able to change abit that includes fitting at your address, if its for track and you want toyos then you would be better off with r888

Thanks guys for all the info...

PRC are you a tyre fitter and supplier???

Thanks Viet and Lee...im confused now so should i go for parada 2s but they are not so good in the wet considerin we live in the uk its mostly wet overe here....

think i may end up going for 225\40s....wanted that stretched look tho....

wouldn't go with 215's on a 8j unless you want your rims to be fubar within a couple of weeks, 215 are good for 7j even on 7.5j they are a tiny weeny bit stretched so on an 8j you'll damage the rim to sheeeeeit on pot holes and the likes, 225/35R18 would be the ideal size

<----------Hankook convert

Hankook K110 V12 EVO Ventus 215/35R18 84Y £98.20 inc.VAT on camskill

also the load index on camskill for T1-R's is 84W on camskill not 87Y all the 18's are either 84 Y or W on there

Thanks Tom ive never heard of this brand..anyone else use these???

are you wanting track tyres or road?

if road pilot sport 3's are the best tyre on the market

if track go with mabbs you know he talks sense

Sign in to follow this