By DJDannyDee, 02/09/17
  • 7 comments
  • JDM or UK UK
  • Colour Red
  • Price --
  • Year 1978
  • Odometer --
  • Odometer Unit Miles
  • Description Currently going through restoration.

1978 (although I always tell people it's a 1977 so they don't think it's an RA40) Toyota Celica 2000ST.

Comments

Very nice :thumbsup: Ref the year , your car is 1977 , as production of the 20 series car ran until the end of August 1977 , then the 40 series cars began being made.

My car was built  in August 1977 , but not registered until April 1978 , and i always say its a 77. 

You may already know this, but just incase you don't ,  but as your car would of been built during August 1977 at the very latest .  its now 40 years old and you can apply for the taxation class to be changed from plg to historic , and therefore not having to pay road tax as of 1st April 2018

There seems to be a bit of an issue with cars built in 77 and registered in 78 , but with a date of build certificate , it should be ok

The certificate can be got from Harvey at toyotaenthusiasts.com , who are recognised by the DVLA

II have my build date certificate and will be applying for mine when I renew my tax at the end of this month

Thanks for that, sounds good. 

Although isn't the tax for these cars really low anyway? I'm just presuming of course as I don't actually know, mine is SORN at the moment. 

What is is it normally? 

IP.Board Collections by DevFuse
  • Vehicles Statistics

• Total Vehicles
    • Submitters
    • Modifications
    • Total Images
    • Comments
    • Total Views

Iddon
    Latest Vehicle
    Toyota Celica ZZT230 By Iddon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.